Triplets are the dream of many families. Those adorable little munchkins and their contagious energy are what make parenting a beautiful journey. If you’ve always dreamed of having triplets then you’d be glad to know that there are ways to conceive them naturally. From fertility assistance to lifestyle tips and techniques, here is everything you need to know about triplet births and also how to increase your chances of conceiving triplets naturally.
Formation of Triplet Babies
Triplets are formed in mainly two ways
Monozygotic – Where the embryo splits into three identical ones, thus giving birth to babies of the same gender and genes.
Dizygotic – Each embryo gets fertilized by separate sperms. The babies may or may not be of the same sex or either carry the same genes.
Another way triplets are formed are when an embryo gives birth to twins and are followed by another one that gets fertilized separately. This is fondly referred to by mothers as ‘a pair and a spare’ which indicates that the spare baby may be of different gender and genetic disposition than the twins. The twins, however, will carry the same DNA.
Odds of Having Triplets
Getting triplets isn’t something that happens to everyone. In fact, there is a good chance that you may not know any couples who have triplets. If you’re curious about your odds of having triplets, then here are some facts you need to know-
- You must come from a family that has a history of hyper-ovulation
- There is a 1 in 9000 chance of conceiving triplets according to Australian research
- You have a 1 in 40 chance of birthing triplets if you take fertility assistance
- You must have a family history of birthing triplets
- You must be 30 years or older since older women have higher chances of conceiving triplet
How to Get Pregnant with Triplets?
If you’re trying to get pregnant with triplets, then you’ll be glad to know that there are a couple of ways to increase your chances of conceiving.
Age is a huge factor since women over the age of 30 and below 40 experience a spike in fertility before entering their peri-menopausal years, thus increasing the chances of releasing multiple eggs for fertilization.
Fertility assistance is one the main ways couples increase their conception chances.
But there are other factors you can naturally influence to maximize your likelihood of a triplet conception.
Tips to Conceive Triplets Naturally
Here are some of the best tips for conceiving triplets naturally, according to Australian doctors and previous medical research-
- The only possible way to increase your chances of having triplets is to have lots of intercourse during your high sex-drive years.
- Consume a nutritious diet rich in yams, milk, and dairy products
- Eat foods that stimulate progesterone production such as almonds, walnuts, chicken, eggs, and whole grains
- If you’ve given birth to twins or more children before, your chances of conceiving triplets will increase substantially
- Increase your body weight
- Quit smoking and alcoholism
- Stop taking hormonal birth control drugs
- Take a folic acid supplement every day
- Be extremely lucky or blessed
- Get fertility assistance since that will increase your chances by up to 85%!
The final advice, as long as the family tries to implement the above secret, the chance of triplets is over 85%.
Wishing the family success and happiness!